Glendale Development is currently looking to recruit observant Lifeguards for our locations in Amherst, Cheektowaga, Lewiston, Chili, and Rochester to ensure the safety of all pool patrons. The Lifeguard will explain safety rules to patrons, warn them about unsafe situations, and enforce policies as set by Glendale Development. You will play an instrumental role in maintaining orderliness by inspecting swimming pool areas and reporting any maintenance issues.
To ensure success you need to assess situations swiftly and make judicious decisions regarding the safety of swimmers. Top candidates are excellent communicators, swift, and safety-minded.
- Overseeing activities at all times.
- Explaining and enforcing rules, regulations, and policies to ensure the safety of patrons.
- Monitoring designated areas to recognize signs of danger.
- Warning swimmers regarding unsafe situations.
- Maintaining order in swimming areas.
- Responding to emergencies and rescuing swimmers in danger of drowning.
- Performing first aid procedures.
- Maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of all areas.
- Maintaining records and reports.
- 17 years of age or older.
- Completion of lifeguard training.
- First Aid and CPR certification.
- Proficient communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in interacting with people of various ages from diverse backgrounds.
- Available to work shifts.
- Physically fit, strong, agile, and dexterous.
Potential bonus to be paid periodically throughout the season for a total of $300.00 to employees in good standing!!!
Glendale Development provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Glendale Development complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities