Maintenance Tech. – Niagara Falls, NY
The Maintenance Technician will perform general maintenance and repairs for assigned facilities including plumbing, electrical, basic carpentry, heating and cooling, and other building systems.
- Handle all work assignments in a timely, professional manner.
- Minor maintenance tasks including, but not limited to, painting (minor touch-ups to new coats), replacing light bulbs, caulking and minor drywall repair with supervision.
- Maintain property appearance including monitoring grounds and communal areas daily.
- Cleaning units in preparation for occupancy including, but not limited to, appliances, fixtures, floors, and removal of trash left in units.
- Turnover of vacant units.
- On call rotation is required to answer after-hours service calls.
- Ensure that all fire and building codes are adhered to; will notify supervisor immediately of any potential safety or building code violations.
- Perform snow removal duties as directed by supervisor, including shoveling, blowing, and laying salt on icy surfaces.
- Maintain integrity of the community by ensuring confidentiality of resident and company information.
- Personal smart phone
- Ability to follow instructions from supervisors or senior maintenance workers.
- Knowledge of general carpentry and repair.
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Ability to meet established deadlines.
- Own basic hand tools – hammer, pliers, screwdrivers, etc.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Related experience preferred.
- On-the-job training offered.
- Prolonged periods standing and walking.
- Must be physically able to climb ladders, bend, or crawl into spaces.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
Glendale Development provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Glendale Development complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.