At Glendale Development, LLC, the Maintenance Technician plays a key role in the daily operations of the business by performing routine and preventative maintenance at a community in order to maintain the physical integrity of the property at all times. The Maintenance Technician II is responsible for all maintenance duties assigned by their supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Handle all work assignments in a timely, professional manner.
- Refurbish vacancies (Turnovers) including painting, cleaning, and general maintenance repairs with some supervision.
- Maintain property appearance including monitoring grounds and common areas on a daily basis.
- Perform general repairs to buildings including, but not limited to: interior/exterior painting, repair or adjusting entry doors, replacing light bulbs or fixtures.
- Perform general repairs to apartments including, but not limited to: patching and painting of drywall, repairs or changing of locks, light plumbing of sinks and drains, electrical work such as changing outlets and fixtures with some supervision.
- Diagnosis of HVAC service calls, replacing or repairing in timely fashion with supervision.
- On call rotation is required to answer afterhours service calls (see “On Call Policy” for additional duties required).
- Ensure that all fire and building codes are adhered to; will notify supervisor immediately of any potential safety or building code violations.
- Perform snow removal, including shoveling, blowing, salting and plowing, per supervisor’s direction.
- Maintain integrity of the community by ensuring confidentiality of resident and company information.
- Qualifications & ExperienceThe requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job:
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Prior experience in apartment maintenance is preferred.
- Mechanical ability, as well as general knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems.
- If possible – own basic hand tools – hammer, screwdrivers, etc.
- Ability to meet established deadlines
- Personable, professional attitude
- Personal smart phone
- Glendale Development provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Glendale Development complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities