At Glendale Development, LLC, the Residential Apartment Maintenance Technician plays a key role in the daily operations of the business by performing routine and preventative maintenance at a community in order to maintain the physical integrity of the property at all times. The Residential Apartment Maintenance Technician is responsible for all maintenance duties assigned by their supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Handle all work assignments in a timely, professional manner.
- Refurbish vacancies (Turnovers) including painting, cleaning, and general maintenance repairs with some supervision.
- Demolition of vacant units with no supervision.
- Cleaning units in preparation of occupancy including, but not limited to, appliances, fixtures, floors and removal of trash left in units.
- Maintain property appearance including monitoring grounds and common areas on a daily basis.
- Perform general repairs to buildings including, but not limited to: interior/exterior painting, repair or adjusting entry doors, replacing light bulbs or fixtures.
- Perform general repairs to apartments including, but not limited to: patching and painting of drywall, repairs or changing of locks, light plumbing of sinks and drains, electrical work such as changing outlets and fixtures.
- Diagnosis of HVAC service calls to repair on a timely basis. The ability to install furnaces and boilers, as necessary, with supervision.
- Ensure that all fire and building codes are adhered to; will notify supervisor immediately of any potential safety or building code violations.
- Perform snow removal, including shoveling, blowing, salting and plowing, per supervisor’s direction.
- Maintain integrity of the community by ensuring confidentiality of resident and company information.
- On-call rotation
- Qualifications & ExperienceThe requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job:
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Minumum 3 year’s experience in apartment maintenance required.
- Mechanical ability, as well as general knowledge of electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems.
- Own basic hand tools – hammer, screwdrivers, etc., electrical tools, testers, plumbing tools, pipe wrenches, cordless screw gun and Sawzall, multi-tool, drywall and plastering tools if possible.
- Ability to meet established deadlines
- Personable, professional attitude
- Personal smart phone
- Glendale Development provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Glendale Development complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities