At Glendale Development, LLC, the Residential Apartment Maintenance Technician/General Laborer plays a key role in the daily operations of the business by performing basic routine and preventative maintenance at a community in order to maintain the physical integrity of the property at all times. The Residential Apartment Maintenance Technician/General Laborer is responsible for all maintenance duties assigned by their supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Handle all work assignments in a timely, professional manner.
- Minor maintenance tasks including, but not limited to, painting (minor touch-ups to new coats), replacing light bulbs, caulking and minor drywall repair with supervision.
- Maintain property appearance including monitoring grounds and common areas on a daily basis.
- Cleaning units in preparation for occupancy including, but not limited to, appliances, fixtures, floors and removal of trash left in units.
- Demolition of vacant units with supervision.
- Deliveries of supplies
- On call rotation is required to answer afterhours service calls (see “On Call Policy” for additional duties required).
- Ensure that all fire and building codes are adhered to; will notify supervisor immediately of any potential safety or building code violations.
- Perform snow removal duties as directed by supervisor, including shoveling, blowing and laying salt on icy surfaces.
- Maintain integrity of the community by ensuring confidentiality of resident and company information.
- Qualifications & Experience
- The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job:
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- If possible own basic hand tools required – hammer, pliers, screwdrivers, etc.
- Ability to meet established deadlines
- Personable, professional attitude
- Personal smart phone
- Glendale Development provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Glendale Development complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.